Social Icons

January 28, 2011

50 Cent Has Respect For Gucci Mane | Down-South.com - Mixtapes, Music, Videos & More.

50 CentCover of 50 Cent50 Cent Has Respect For Gucci Mane | Down-South.com - Mixtapes, Music, Videos & More.

Gucci Mane has a #6 spot on MTV's Hottest MC List. Here's what 50 had to say about that

"I understand Gucci Mane has something that the other artists don’t have, and that’s authenticity. Because he’s had the experience, they’ll glorify it. Think about how many times I’ve been asked, “How does it feel to be shot?” That’s their personal interest, their amazement in the situation. I don’t ask people, “Ask me how did it feel to be shot. Could you ask me what I was thinking when I was shot?” If it was up to me, it would’ve never happened.
I see where they see significance in the content, based on them knowing that the backdrop of a story has some truth to it. These are the things other artists completely lack. Like Rick Ross is exactly the opposite of a Gucci Mane. I’ll listen to Gucci Mane despite what his cadence choices are. As opposed to listening to a Rick Ross, who is talented rapper but is lying. I just don’t want to hear rappers rapping lies. I don’t want to hear that shit."

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Member of The Internet Defense League